[Malvern] Configuring ethernet card.

Steve Cashmore steve at cashmore.me.uk
Fri Jul 23 20:56:11 BST 2004

At 18:54 23/07/2004 +0100, Geoff wrote:

>When I use Window$  to access my router  (192.168.0.1)  I get asked for a
>password.
>
>I have no idea where that is,  nor what it is,  so I can't try ftp  to get
>files from the LINUX box  into the Windows  half of HAFREN.
>
>Where can I find it ?
>
>Geoff

The password is only for configuring your router.  It is either blank or
will be set to a manufacturer default one at build time.  Check your manual.

You don't need that password in order to ftp between two boxes on your
LAN.  However if the box to which you wish to transfer your net drivers
doesn't yet have a working network card, FTP might be a problem!
Pretty well all Linux boxes will recognise a variety of floppy formats so
pick one.  If you make the format VFAT or MSDOS, then Windows will also
recognise the floppy which may be useful sometimes.  VFAT will also allow
long filenames on a MS compatible floppy.

--
Steve