[Malvern] Configuring ethernet card.

Geoff geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 23 21:30:32 BST 2004

> However if the box to which you wish to transfer your net drivers
> doesn't yet have a working network card, FTP might be a problem!

Both machines are dual boot.  Both of the Windoze halves can access the
router.

The one machine "TREN" can also access the router using Debian Woody.
The other machine "HAFREN" is OK on Windows98, but I have not yet been
able to configure the NIC.

What I was looking for was a way to copy the NIC driver from TREN to HAFREN
so that I can get the Linux side working too.

Both machines run Debian GNU Linux 3.0  "Woody".
Chris kindly upgraded  TREN over the internet, getting all the ltest files
anf fixes.  I want to do the same for the other box, to get it up to the most
recent  standard.

Hence the need to get that card configured !

I was looking for a way to ftp from the Linux half of TREN into the Windows
half of the other box,  where I could save it to either a CDROM or a floppy.

Geoff.