[Malvern] Buyer recommendation?

Andy Morris zaglabod at onetel.com
Mon Feb 14 09:38:43 GMT 2005

I just did a dual-boot rebuild of my son's AMD 800 machine with bits (128M
Video card + 80 Gb drive + CDRW/DVD... , about £90 in all) from the last
fair at Perdiswell, week Sunday ago. Just about pushed the compatability
envelope, though.  The stuff that was available was amazing, and for a few
quid more (~£250) I could have built a multi-GHz machine without any
difficulty (only the few quid has other uses right now). You could trim that
cost if you don't want a stunning video display (I have a spare 8M video
card if you're desperate!) and a suitable box.  There is a fair every
Saturday at the Nat Motorcycle Museum at NEC, plus another one at Perdiswell
on March 5th (Saturday, this time).

Andy