[Malvern] Infra-Red versus BlueTooth

Ian Pascoe ianpascoe at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 7 20:37:16 BST 2005

Hi Guys

I have got myself a new mobile through work which has both BT and IR on it.
The new laptop shortly to follow will have a BT adaptor on it.  However, I
intend to use my home PC as a backup storage device and therefore will need
to get it an adaptor.

There appears to be both USB and PCI adaptors on the market.  Has anyone had
experience on using these and thoughts on preferance?  It looks like BT
would be the favourite as more mobile devices use this ie PDAs, GPS
receivers etc, and I believe I can get higher and more accurate transfer
rates.

Thanks guys

Ian

PS  The IVR has been put to bed for the while as although the programming
side of things was not too difficult - trying to find a driver that provided
the necesary interfaces was, and I have no idea on how to even start
constructing new or frigging existing drivers.