[Malvern] Infra-Red versus BlueTooth

Angus Clarke angus at zeppelin.co.uk
Wed Jun 8 16:33:43 BST 2005

I thought IR and BT were both low speed, for transferring small amounts
of data (it reminds me of UDP packets!)
Probably not suitable for backing up to your home PC.

A 100Mb Switch is dirt cheap these days, and if you dont want the wires,
wireless LAN cards aren't frighteningly expensive either.

If you must use IR or BT, I would go with BT as line-of-site isnt an
issue, whereas it is with IR.
Don't know about transfer speeds for either technology, but BT is newer!

Regards

Angus