[Malvern] Internet settings.

Chris Eilbeck chris at hyperspace.org.uk
Sat Mar 19 19:31:07 GMT 2005

On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 06:49:20PM +0000, Geoff Bagley wrote:

> I quite agree, but that's the short term solution to keep the ship
> afloat. It only needs doing after a shut-down, and I usually leave the
> whole thing running.

Yes but all you need to do is edit one file and you'll never have to deal
with it again.

> Can I use rsync to  "sync" all my various address-lists ?
> Each machine has collected a different selection of addresses!

Yes, you can rsync whatever files you like between the machines.  There
are other ways of sharing host files etc. but they're more faff than
they're worth for just three machines.  Rsync will do what you need for
that, automatically using a cron job if you like or using a script you
can just use to update the other machines if you change one of them.

Chris Eilbeck
Tripoli UK Member #9527                                          LSMR