[Malvern] Internet settings.

Chris Eilbeck chris at hyperspace.org.uk
Sat Mar 19 21:33:37 GMT 2005

On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 08:25:20PM +0000, Geoff Bagley wrote:

> > Yes but all you need to do is edit one file and you'll never have to deal
> > with it again.
>
> Which one ?  I guess that there could be a config element in the boot-up
> sequence.

To set the networking up?  I refer my honourable friend to the message I
posted some hours ago ;)

> Some of my machines  for example do/have  automatic startx to start the
> X-window system. Otherwise you type it by hand.

If you want them to give graphical login then you'll need to install gdm,
kdm or xdm.

> Thanks for all  the info.  The rsync utility looks particularly useful,
> especially when the whole system is subjected to frequent
> experimentation and change.  I have often lost info by overlooking it
> when re-installing.

Yeah, just leave one of them as a reference setup and mess around on the
others.

Chris Eilbeck
Tripoli UK Member #9527                                          LSMR