[Malvern] Internet settings.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 20 18:56:43 GMT 2005

> Don't know if I'm telling you the obvious here or not but CUPS uses port
> 631 for it's web interface.
>
> (the computer's ip address will of course work instead of localhost)

Hi Rick.

Yes I have done that on my other machine "tren".  Everything seems to work
under CUPS,  but nothing comes out of the printer.   I was deferring that
problem for the moment.  If in extremis, I can go back to the bog-standard
pre-CUPS regime,  but I need to print postscript files,  so I might need a
filter like a2ps,  or something out of foomatic.
The lj1300 printer is supposed to support  ps direct, with an internal
raster-thing.  I think I might need to install more internal RAM though.

I have not so far tried those system-config-* utilities....
I guess they work on  Debian too.

> I'm on for the curry by the way. Someone will have to give more more
> info about exactly where the place is, where I can park etc.

Where do you live ?  I think it might be Upton area.  If you wish to park in
my drive,  there's plenty of room.  I can ferry you in and out of town.

See you all on the 6th.

Cheers,

Geoff