[Malvern] Gigs

Barbie barbie at missbarbell.co.uk
Mon Jul 24 16:45:22 BST 2006

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 08:55:45AM +0100, Phil Ironside wrote:
> Our next meetings  possible meetings and outings -
>
> Radio LUG Live Saturday, 22nd and Sunday, 23rd July 2006 -
> Wolverhampton University http://www.lugradio.org

Where were you? It was an absolute blast. A great weekend of talks and
people. Even my talk went down well :)

> Milton Keynes Perl Mongers Tuesday, 25th July 2006

Although I now see Phil's had to drop out, so I guess this is now off
the radar.

> The Birmingham Perl Mongers Wednesday, 26 July, 2006
> http://birmingham.pm.org/cgi-bin/brum.pl?act=meet-next

Talks:

* World Tour - July Update [ Barbie  ]
* AJAX and OpenThought - [ John Jewitt ]
* Security For Real People [ Shane Coughlan ]

It would be great to have you along if any of you can make it.

> Café Rubublic Tuesday 1st August 2006 meeting at 6.00pm

Might be able to make this myself. Will have to see how things work out
with work and the missus ;)

> London Perl Mongers Thursday, 3rd August 2006

If you enjoy the Birmingham meetings, the London ones are even bigger. A
good crowd and lively atmosphere guaranteed. Just ask Phil :)

> YAPC::Europe2006 Wednesday, 30th August - Friday, 1st September 2006
> at CBSO Centre, Berkley Street, Birmingham, B1 2LF
> http://www.birmingham2006.com/

Now I know I'm biased, but this really does have to be one of the best
conferences happening this year. Seriously though, if you're into Perl
it really is a conference you should try and get to. We have several top
Perl speakers, including Larry Wall himself. There are several workshop
happening and talks that are aimed at the beginner as well as the more
experienced. Hope to see you there ;)

Cheers,
Barbie.
--