[Malvern] The Megun Project

Phil Ironside phil at creativespaces.co.uk
Sat Jun 17 00:00:51 BST 2006

> It has been suggested that we go for a curry at Anupam

Yep too true

We fancied a go at Anupam on Church Street on the second Tuesday in July (the 4th in fact) as a replacement for Cafee Nerwhatnot at about 7.00pm.
I have not rang for reservation yet - the names interested so far are

Phil
Geoff
Stuart
Rick

please add your name to the list

Just downloading Fedora5 and will hopefully install tomorrow, looking forward to rpming again.

Had to use Knoppix today to get some stuff of a duff laptop for a client, I had forgot how good it is.

>Phil - I understand that you often use XFce.
>Please let me have your ideas on whether it has any knock-on effects on
>setting up  applications intended for other desktops, or anything else.

I liked Xfce as it is very quick and has a different look and handling. Have not used it for a while so might give it a whirl again
You can bring up any of the guis that you want as long as you can remember the commands off the command line - konqueror, rxvt and galeon will boot into any manager as long as the right libraries are present.
There is a set of configuration guis which also do enough things to get to where you want to be.
The great thing about non-bloated window managers is that you rely less on the window manager just concentrating on the apps you use and gets you to understand the OS more.
Don't forget blackbox, fluxbox, sawfish, enlightenment (always worth playing with) and fwm and loads more that I can't quite remember the name of.

>>Megun

Sounds interesting look forward to it.

>>Chris / Phil an astrology question for you - does the sun move at a constant
>>speed across the sky or does it vary acording to your longitude / latitude?

It is my understanding that the sun appears to be quicker when it is rising and setting, have a look at
http://eo.nso.edu/MrSunspot/answerbook/sunrise.html and search for 'constant speed' in the page i think it explains what you were asking and does it better than I could

--
Phil

01684-561495