[Malvern] Windows Vista

Andy Dixon andy at andydixon.com
Tue Jun 20 08:32:27 BST 2006

Hello.

I know I am going to be heckled, but I tried Windows Vista last night.

Somehow, when installing vista, I lost my linux partition on my laptop.

Looks nice, quite slow on a P4 3.2 HT w/1.2GB of RAM. I had to plug it into
ethernet so that it could get drivers for everything else. Nothing required
a second disk, it found everything itself.

Once thing that made me laugh was explorer crashed after about 8 minutes. I
got a message 'Explorer does not seem to be working. Windows is searching
for a solution to this problem'.

Oh, and an install of just windows cost me 10 gig.

Anyone know of anywhere I can get a 100GB laptop hard disk cheapishly? I'd
like to keep this for my other half, but I need a decent amount of space for
my Debian!

Andy

PS- If anyone wants to try it, I have got a DVD and a spare serial number.
It seems to die horribly on a Mac Mini.