FW: [Malvern] FW: Only You Can Save the World

Ian Pascoe ianpascoe at btinternet.com
Tue May 2 22:14:59 BST 2006

Chris

Good news on the program and tracking - not sure on the mechanics of such
though.

The original conversation was around renuable energy sources followed by
creating a solar powered steam turbine to generate electricity.

However, this is a tad ambitious to start off with so just boiling up some
water to start with and then who knows.

I supose naf CDs are probably not a bad idea as an initial reflective source
(with all the bad burns and freebie CDs we get these days) as with the
inbuilt hole for securing them it should be quite easy to make up a frame.
How big was the one you saw?

Has anyone tried to deliberately reform a CD into another shape - ie heating
it or some such to make it saucer shaped instead of flat, or would that
destroy the reflective coat?

I am going to have to have a hot cup of tea now and try and think of
something else or it will be the early hours before I can get to sleep!

Ian