[Malvern] AOL spyware ?

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 10 20:38:43 GMT 2007

Hi Rick.
Thanks for the mail (below).

Firstly, I am not able to understand the significance of any telephone
conversation.
My ADSL Modem/Firewall/Router is "always on".

I guess than an infected computer could attack my system whether I was
on the phone or not.

As it happens, I have another (later version) of the Netgear box (which
I have bought for my son).  I have tried it,  and it works OK, but  I
haven't tried nmapping it yet.

However,  armed with the knowledge that port 5190 is (presumably) open,
are you
personally able to probe it ?  If so, please have a go !

Another approach might be to get a sofware update, which I presume to be
possible.

Is there any way to "bomb" the bastard behind this attack ?

I often get various pings  or DOS attacks from China !

Best regards,

Geoff