[Malvern] Streaming.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 15 12:08:03 GMT 2007

Hi All,

There is no problem getting BBC stations to stream OK using Realplayer.
Previously, I was told that I did not have the right decoder, or the
audio was VERY poor.

I then did an apt-get install alsa*
and that put in the remaining alsa files.
It is now OK using Firefox, but not tried Lynx.

Chris suggests typing in the URL.
I have not tried that since I loaded the other alsa files - and that was
only yesterday !
Chris -  when you DO type in the URL to stream,  what browser do you use
- Lynx ?

The only issue I want to look at now is the gain distribution.  I could
have overload
somewhere in the chain.  I am going to try the head-set with no cheapo
amplifier anywhere in
the chain.

The other issue of ISO/OSI  seven layer models was academic.
I like to have some idea of how things work.

Phil - thanks for list for pizzas Wednesday.

Best regards all round.

Geoff.

P.S.   Chris Eilbeck wrote:
>  What is so difficult?
>
> Chris

Nothing now (I think !) since loading the additional files.
User name "geoff" was already a member of the right "group".

Thanks anyway,  and hope you can come round Wednesday.