[Malvern] Birmingham.pm World Tour - Gloucester

Phil Ironside phil at creativespaces.co.uk
Mon Mar 12 16:00:11 GMT 2007

Here is the agenda and promo material sent out by Barbie today

Hi folks,

In the event you can attend or want to persuade others to join you,
below is the promo blurb I've come up with to promote the event next
week. Hope to see you there.

Birmingham.pm World Tour 2007

During the early part of last year Birmingham Perl Mongers took to the
road to promote the 2006 YAPC::Europe Perl Conference, which we hosted
at the end of August 2006. We took it upon ourselves to visit several
Perl Monger groups around the UK. It proved extremely popular and
several groups asked to come back again, and some Linux user groups
asked if we could visit them too. So this year we decided to do exactly
that, although we've decided to give ourselves a bit of a challenge.

In 2006 it was purely a networking exercise, to get to know other Perl
and Linux users around the country. For 2007, however, we are planning a
bigger Perl promotion by performing via a speaking tour, with several
members of Birmingham Perl Mongers attending Perl & Linux user groups
around the UK, offering to present talks at their technical meetings
about different aspects of Perl.

Dates so far confirmed:

Mon 12 Feb - Vienna.pm
Tue 20 Mar - Gloucestershire LUG
Wed 28 Mar - Birmingham.pm
Mon  2 Apr - MiltonKeynes.pm
Thu 19 Apr - Birmingham LUG
Wed 25 Apr - Birmingham.pm
Wed 23 May - Birmingham.pm

With more dates to be added. Check the Birmingham Perl Mongers website
for more details - http://birmingham.pm.org/.

For the forthcoming Gloucestershire LUG meeting on Tuesday 20th March
2007, we have the following talks scheduled:

* Graphing with Perl [Barbie]
* Selenium - An Introduction to Web Testing [Barbie]
* Excel from the Command Line [JJ]
* What Happened at FOSDEM? [Simon Lewis & Rob Shields] (to be confirmed)

Attendance is free, and will be at the MessageLabs offices (address
below). Feel free to invite anyone you think might be interested.

Venue:   MessageLabs
Address: 1240 Lansdowne Court, Gloucester Business Park, Gloucs, GL3 4AB
Map:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=gl3+4ab&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=16&ll=51.848849,-2.17701&spn=0.009517,0.029697&t=h&om=1
Date:    Tuesday 20th March 2007
Time:    Doors open at 6pm, talks start at 7pm.

If travelling via the M5 exit at Junction 11A, and follow the signs
towards Gloucester Business Park. If exiting via the southbound M5, keep
to the slip road onto the A417 (eastwards) and take the first exit.
Follow the roundabout all the way and join the slip road onto the A417
(westwards), taking the first exit.

See map reference for exact location of offices.

--

Attendees list

--

Phil Ironside