[Malvern] Document Storage

Ian Pascoe ianpascoe at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 16 11:02:43 BST 2007

Morning Folks

In the list's opinion which is the best way to store documents?

In particular, as my own filing system is, well non existant, I was thinking
about scanning all necessary documents and then storing them eithre to HD or
CD / DVD.

I've been trying to work out in my own mind what would be the better way to
store these scanned documents that will maintain the clarity and be of
minimal size.

So far it's looking like storing them as a tiff image, but I'm not sure
whether it's worth the time to push them through an OCR tool and into an
appropriate document format.  Either raw or compressed through something
like 7Zip into a self extracting file, or such like

It is not necessary for the stored images to be "legal" copies but are
merely there for my own reference.

Thoughts, apart from sorting out my paper filing system!