[Malvern] Compact Flash Storage

Ian Pascoe ianpascoe at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 19 20:37:06 BST 2007

Hi Folks

List had been a bit quiet, so instead of saving these to the next GMH I'd
thought I'd ask now.

If you wanted to use CF as your storage media, how'd you connect it up?

>From reading the specs CF has it's own in built IDE controller, so could you
attach it to the HD bus via a suitable connector?

If you wanted  to mount multiple CF cards to provide a larger storage size,
are there such things as adaptors that will hold x amount of cards?  I can
only find card readers, or micro drives, neither of which fits the bill.

Lastly, would CF be a possible and reliable storage media for backups