[Malvern] January GlosLUG meeting

Paul Broadhead lug at twinmoons.clara.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 21:26:48 GMT 2008

Glyn asked that I post a reminder about the meeting tomorrow,
surprisingly I remembered so here it is:

The next GlosLUG meeting will be on January 15th at Message Labs,
Gloucester.

The two talks, to be given by Tony Cooper, will be:

** Monotone: Distributed Peer-To-Peer revision control system. A
natural successor to CVS **

Will include a few slides and then primarily concentrate on a practical
demonstration that will cover database setup, using it for source code
management, branching, merging, etc. Plus visualisation tools and
possibilities for integration.

** Developing Perl GUIs Using Glade and Gtk2 **

    Will cover a basic application (say a push button that covers some
sort of action). Laying out an interface with Glade, documentation (or
the lack of it and where to get help).

Note: Tony says he will be starting at 7 p.m. sharp!!!!

Usual agenda.

6pm - Free wifi, coffee and chat
7pm - Talks start
9pm - Finish
9pm on - Pub

The venue is:

Seminar Room 1
MessageLabs Centre Of Excellence
Lansdown Court, Gloucester Business Park
Gloucester GL3 4AB

Map [PDF]: http://tinyurl.com/zt7h5

This is about 10 minutes walk from the very new and very large
out-of-town Tescos in Brockworth. Stagecoach bus route number 10.

If I get 5 mins, I'll try and get this added to the website:
http://www.gloucs.lug.org.uk

Regards,
Paul