[Malvern] PDF files.

Chris Eilbeck chris at hyperspace.org.uk
Sun Jul 8 14:03:13 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jul 07, 2012 at 09:05:01PM +0100, GEOFF BAGLEY wrote:

> > I'd rewrite whatever is producing the .ps or .pdf and get it
> > to generate .svg instead.
> >
> > Chris
> >
> The postscript is mostly diagrams which I program myself.
> It might be possible to translate one vector prog to another.
> The pdf stuff is the output of LaTeX.

Single image or multi-page output?  You can render LaTeX to svg too.  SVG is
derived in part from Postscript so it should be easy to transition from one
to the other.

> I am hoping to find some version of "convert file.pdf file.pdf2"
> or something like that

PDF isn't really designed for embedding in other documents.  If that's what
you're trying to do, there may be a better way to go about it e.g.  not
using pdf until the final output.

Chris Eilbeck
Tripoli UK Member #9527                                          LSMR