[Menai-LUG] OT Introductions

Kevin Donnelly kevin at dotmon.com
Fri Feb 21 21:00:02 2003

Hi David

On Thursday 20 February 2003 12:43 am, David Goadby wrote:
> In house I have a mix of systems with a KVM on the console and Hummingbird
> (X) for a remote unit at the end of an RS485 link.. I have an online
> weather station and webcam which will move to Linux on an EPIA VIA board
> once I get a 29 hour day.

Cool!  You clearly have a lot of real-world experience.  Would you consider
perhaps giving a talk in about 6-8 months on "Computer systems I have known
and loved (or hated)", or "Making Linux do useful realworld things", or
something like that?

> If (when) I come to a meet I'm the one with grey hair!

What's wrong with that - I'm getting a bit silvery myself!

Best wishes

Kevin