[Menai-LUG] Auto startup task

Kevin Donnelly kevin at dotmon.com
Tue May 20 19:00:01 2003

On Tuesday 20 May 2003 5:03 pm, David Goadby wrote:
> Thanks for the tip but I wonder if boot.local is too early for what I want?
> Boot.local looks like it runs straight after booting and before any other
> run levels are reached.

Possibly.  In that case you might also look at /etc/sysconfig - there are
scripts in there that run at different times, eg in network/if-up.d you could
put network scripts that need to be run once the netowrk starts.

> Martin (Sapsed) suggested a script in rc3.d and this is what I am about to
> try.

Worth a try.

> I am really feeling my way around this startup stuff but I feel flushed
> with sucess having got the LCD driver to work with a loadable module! If
> anyone is considering LCD drivers using the parallel port then I can
> recommend Michael McLellan's lcdmod.

Interesting - I hadn't come across this before.  What are you using it for,
and what LCD display are you using?

Best wishes

Kevin