[Menai-LUG] RedHat announcement

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at bangor.ac.uk
Wed Nov 5 09:17:33 GMT 2003

Hi folks,

Any thoughts here about RedHat's recent announcement? (The one about
scrapping "Red Hat Linux" and leaving "Fedora" which will remain free
but the support is questionable and the "Enterprise" editions which cost
serious money.)

I can't help thinking they're shooting themselves in the foot. One of
the reasons for companies looking at Linux is the savings on the OS
costs. Take that away and won't more firms just say "we might as well
use Windows..."?

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed
Information Services               "Who do you say I am?"