[Menai-LUG] RedHat announcement

Huw Wyn Jones huw at pioden.net
Wed Nov 5 09:34:30 GMT 2003

Hi Martin,

I've been pondering this one myself. I haven't read the licence agreement -
and that's probably the important thing. If I could buy one copy and deploy
on all my servers I think I'd be ok with the payment - I find Linux to be
far more stable than Windows - but if it's a per server payment I'll have to
look else where. I guess the same would be true of the University.

Having said that Fedora might be okay by itself. The open source community
has a wonderful habit of providing great support for software like this !!!
Also when you look at what's people are actually running I'm not sure it's
such a big deal - there are so many ISP's still happily running RH 7.2 it's
unbeleivable.

Huw