[Menai-LUG] Re: [Northwales] Meeting about the meeting ...

Kevin Donnelly kevin at dotmon.com
Mon Mar 19 11:58:32 GMT 2007

On Friday 16 March 2007 21:26, Tony Wilkins wrote:
> I'd like to come to. Llandudno is no real problem, although I live in
> Mold I work In Colwyn Bay. I could only attend out of 'normal' working
> hours though, after 6pm most days apart from Wednesday. But go with the
> majority.

I'm not really sure whether more people would come to a daytime or evening
meeting (Oli had suggested after 2pm).  I could make either, so there's no
reason we couldn't have both, I suppose.

Can I take the plunge and suggest:
Thursday 29 March, Fat Cat, Llandudno, 7pm (evening)
Friday 30 March, Fat Cat, Llandudno, 2pm (daytime).

Can I have views on the above, please?  I prefer the Thursday one, but as I
say I'm quite happy to come to another one if there are people who would like
to be involved, and just can't make Thursday.

Any other date suggestions are welcome too, just to make things more
exciting :-)

If we can agree a date, I will post a list of discussion points a few days
before the meeting, to try and ensure we cover most of the ground.  After the
meeting, assuming we decide to proceed, I would propose to take detailed
discussion of the seminar arrangements off-list.  Any "public-facing"
developments could then be recorded on a website - I have linuxwales.com and
linuxcymru.com for this.

> Any thoughts on approaching Rob Gittins at ITWales? Maybe able to assist
> with venue / organising. Just a thought.

I agree that would be worth doing once we have broadly agreed on the
contents/audience.

> Let us know what date / time / venue for the meeting is decided and if I
> can I will come along. Should be interesting having a gathering of
> blokes with something recognisable to meet each other, white carnation
> or a copy of Linux Format?

Well, I think a live penguin would be de rigueur ....

--
Pob hwyl / Best wishes

Kevin Donnelly

www.kyfieithu.co.uk - KDE yn Gymraeg