[Menai-LUG] Dissolution of Menai LUG?

Tim Pierz-Fennell menlug at pierzfennell.ukfsn.org
Mon Aug 17 14:13:37 UTC 2009

Mark Jones has cross-posted some of his recent mailings about the
"First Meeting of North Wales LUG" on Saturday, 29th August to the
Menai LUG mailing list (and also Wrexham LUG's), but that not all
replies have been so posted.

The agenda itself has not been crossposted, although there is a link
to it in his last posting to Menai LUG:
On Friday, 14 August 2009 21:32, Mark Jones set their hand to:
>                               ... there is now an agenda at
> http://tinyurl.com/augustnwlugmeetagenda Feel free to edit/amend as
> you see fit, ...

I think that the following 3 items may have a significant impact on
the status of the Menai LUG.
       3) Discussion: What to do to resurrect the LUG and
                      get the LUG more active.
       5) Vote: LUG Key Members
       10) Date and Location of Next Meeting/Workshop,
                  plus vote for chair person

http://lug.org.uk/lugs/wales shows the "Established Status" of both
Menai and Wrexham as "Starting", whilst North Wales is "Active".

So, I wonder if there is any consensus as to whether we:
 - Dissolve the Menai LUG and join in with North Wales?
 - Keep the Menai LUG mailing list, but otherwise join NW?
 - Make a real effort to keep a separate, active Menai LUG?
 - If a join with NW, are meetings in Wrexham just too far?

I also note that http://lug.org.uk/lugs/north-west gives Chester LUG
as Active, but a quick look at http://chesterlug.org.uk/ shows no
activity since February 2009.

I'm not on either the Wrexham or Chester LUG mailing lists (as I
regard both as too distant), so I don't know what is really happening
there, but would it be better if Wrexham were to join in with Chester
(if that's not a total heresy), rather than with a greater North
Wales?

Or perhaps, like the Cyclists' Touring Club's "Chester and North
Wales" District Association, could there be one big "Chester and
North Wales" LUG with 3 or more separate sections?

--
HTH
Tim