[Menai-LUG] [Northwales] First Meeting of North Wales LUG - Clarifications and a few notes

Mark Jones mark at welshdragon.headweb.co.uk
Fri Aug 14 20:32:46 UTC 2009

On Friday, 14 August 2009 16:59, Tim Pierz-Fennell set their hand to:
> On Thursday, 13 August 2009 12:46, Mark Jones set their hand to:
>> Clarification:
>> The venue is the Brewer's Fayre 'Afon Conwy', ...
>> Notes:
>> The sign up form is at http://tinyurl.com/augustnwlugmeet, i will
>> stop accepting forms 24 hours before the meet, to allow me to
>> speak to the venue and arrange seating,
>> Please arrive after 1pm, the meeting will continue until late,
>> Members from other LUG's are most welcome, and we welcome Welsh
>> speakers too. If you are under 21 please bring identification if
>> you plan on buying alcohol - Brewer's Fayre have strict policies.
>
> Since it's a lunch-time meeting should we take sandwiches or do
> Brewer's Fayre have strict policies on those too (whilst probably
> having a dismal selection of Veggie food). :-(

On Thursday, 13 August 2009 11:02, Eion MacDonald set their hand to:
> I would assume you would give
> place address / date / identification e.g pub/ in all emails
> announcing a meeting/moot so any one reading any email gets full
> moot information. Or is that just the old soldier in me.

Ok, so is the idea to start the meeting with a pub lunch?  Or is that
just an option for those of us having to travel for an hour or two?

If it goes on until late, will they still be serving dinners?

I think we should be told (apologies to Private Eye ;-)

It has a beer garden, so you can eat your sandwiches during the 10
minute intervals that are in the agenda (http://tinyurl.com/augustnwlugmeetagenda
), and yes, I am going to be getting something to eat after the
meeting, people are welcome to join me.
I also don't mind if you order food during the meeting,  to be honest
I'd like them to be informal affairs.

Right, as i mentioned above; there is now an agenda at http://tinyurl.com/augustnwlugmeetagenda
Feel free to edit/amend as you see fit, any problems with google docs
let me know and i'll sort it out.

Diolch
Mark Amos Jones