[Menai-LUG] Informal Gathering

Tim Pierz-Fennell menlug at pierzfennell.ukfsn.org
Fri Sep 18 07:19:56 UTC 2009

Fri, 18 Sep 2009 08:01:43 +0100On Friday, 18 September 2009 03:05,
Mark Jones set their hand to:
> Ok, It's that time of the month again for the North Wales LUG's.
> There's no agenda, no set topic for discussion, simply to come and
> have a chat (and a burger or two) on Saturday, 26th September at
> 12:30, there is a Barbeque and Live Music event that starts at 1pm,
> so it will give us half an hour to have a chat, then get food and
> enjoy the music.
> The Venue for this (mayhem/enjoyment) is Bar Uno, which is on the
> Ffriddoedd Road site of Bangor University. Alternately if anybody
> has any better suggestions for a Saturday Lunchtime venue in Bangor
> please let me know.

I'd make a suggestion for a meeting that wasn't a Saturday lunchtime.
The problem in Bangor, however, is that most of the pubs fill up with
noisy students every evening, so there really aren't many alternative
venues, although I know of at least one licenced café that would open
up for a reasonably sized group.

So, the suggestion to avoid one of these crowded evening pubs is ... a
noisy Saturday Students' bar.  We might get about half an hour before
the music starts, but I doubt if that would be quiet enough to have a
group conversation.  And then the rather non-vegetarian food starts
(I've never seen much point in burning vegetables on a grill),
accompanied by music that's not to everyone's tastes (especially
those over 35).

At least Bangor is nearby for me, and I'll not go much out of my way
if I decide to cycle into Morrisons to do my weekly shopping on the
Saturday rather than in the week.  So, I might turn up this time,
assuming it isn't cancelled like the one in Llandudno Junction last
month.

--
Tim