[Nottingham] Linux

Simon Huggins nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu May 22 16:26:00 2003

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 04:00:53PM +0100, Jon Masters wrote:
> On Thu, 22 May 2003, James Gibbon wrote:
> > Let's be reasonable.  Most people maintain their CVs in Word format
> > simply because that's what most employers require or expect.  Several
> > Linux word processors will read Word documents.
> I maintain mine in PDF because it is a universally standardised format
> which anyone should be able to obtain a client reader for.

That's very clever of you Jon.  You mean you write raw PDF yourself?

Personally I maintain mine in LaTeX and let pdflatex do that bit of work
for me though I believe I had a Word version too when I was last
applying to jobs to get around employers' HR departments.

Regardless of the format, there's no real excuse for posting it to a
mailing list that isn't explicitly there for that purpose.

Simon.

--
* '<blitz> pasque toutes les erreurs possible je crois que j'y ai   *
| eu droit :)' #parinux                                             |