[Nottingham] Linux, CV formats and ``For Linux''

Paul Sladen nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu May 22 17:25:00 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003, Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
> On 22 May 2003, Robert Postill wrote:

Hello Robert and Steve,

> > CV (in Word format, ask if you want something different) to this mail.

Mmmm.  For a Linux job?  To a mailing list?

> Presumably the CV contains personal details and I'd bet we don't have a
> data protection entry for storing / distributing such details

Whilst I shall try and investigate if I can save Robert's skin; remember
that this is information that has been put into the public domain--and sent
to a public address in the full knowledge that it will be archived.

> even if they are encrypted in a bizzare proprietary format.

I can imagine that, having sent it in Word format, it should prove to be
adequate protection if you are wanting to continue to apply for Unix related
jobs in the future and wanting to prevent them reading it...(!)

It would be of genuine interest to hear from Steve Nice--as a recruiter--
about his feeling towards formats.  I'm sure many other people may also be
interested in Linux firm so close to Nottingham, do you want to tell (sell?)
us a bit more about your company Steve?  [By invitation].

"For Linux's" services (as well as their job vacancies) may well be of
interest to many other LUG members.

	-Paul
--
War is inconsistent with Truth.  Nottingham, GB