[Nottingham] Re: Wireless network card for Linux?

Alex Walker alex at x3ja.co.uk
Fri May 28 12:31:30 BST 2004

On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 11:35:09AM +0100, James Gibbon wrote:
> I have had great success with the Belkin 54g cardbus & PCI NICs,
> (Slackware 9.1 & Mandy 10.0 respectively), in conjunction with a
> product called ndiswrapper (http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/)
> which allows their Windows drivers to be used.  I got mine from
> Dixons :D

I have one of these, and have tried the ndiswrapper stuff and I got the
interface to come up, but I couldn't get it to actually transfer traffic
over it or get an IP via DHCP through my AP to my router.  Could you
tell me how you got it all working, if you can remember.  Do you have it
set up to do WEP and all that?

Glad to hear it might work, cos I'd really like to run Linux on this
laptop, as I'll be getting a Windows laptop from my work next year and a
diddy 12" laptop with linux is so cute :)

Alex

--
     Alex | x3jA
http://www.x3ja.co.uk

Randomly generated quote:
Não se preocupe com quem é o pai da idéia. Escolha as melhores e vá em
frente.
		-- Steve Jobs