[Nottingham] Strage X / terminal bug: restarts whenever I press tab

Danny King dannyking at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 21:39:49 UTC 2008

Peter you are a genius! It must have been the bell. After disabling
the system bell in /etc/inputrc it has stopped crashing, so that's
great news thanks! For the record I am running bash and was running as
an ordinary user.

Any ideas as to why the bell might cause X to crash? (it'd be nice to
be able to enable it again, although I can live without it)

Thanks again!