[Nottingham] Vista can't find my shared partidion

Danny King dannyking at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 08:29:21 UTC 2008

Hello,

This is a borderline Linux / Vista issue so feel free to ignore if
it's off topic.

My laptop duel boots Ubuntu & Vista and has a shared partition that
they can both access (I can't remember if it's NTFS or FAT32, probably
NTFS though.) Several months ago Vista stopped being able to read the
partition - it can see it but complains that it's not accessible. I
don't know what caused this, but the data seems fine because I can
access it all as normal from the Ubuntu installation.

So an obvious fix it to backup and repartition, but it's quite a large
partition so I wonder if anyone knows a way to repair it so that Vista
doesn't puke?

Thanks!

--
- Danny King of Gleaming Pixel Web Design.

Email: danny at gleamingpixel.co.uk / dannyking at gmail.com
Web: www.GleamingPixel.co.uk