[Nottingham] Vista can't find my shared partidion

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Sep 16 10:00:32 UTC 2008

Danny King wrote:
> Thanks I'll give that a shot. Will that risk the data on the partition?

There is always a risk of the data getting 'scrambled'.

'Tis wise to always backup _before_ you do anything radical.

'Tis wise to have a backup in the first place!

I'll concur on the chkdsk driveletter: /f or whatever idea. Do a chkdsk
/? first to check the options.

If Windows is booting up ok, then you may be able to do a
checkdisk/repair if that partition is visible to the disk tools.

A good question is what changed just before you found the problem?

Has that partition merely been marked as "hidden"?

Good luck,

martin at ml1.co.uk