[Nottingham] Aspire One Performance

Iain Moppett Iain.Moppett at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Sep 30 15:49:33 UTC 2009

Hi,

Same issue for me.  Running JNR (9.04) on an Aspire One.

... "The interface is slow and unresponsive; hovering over an icon will
take a good few seconds before it "highlights", and I'll have to wait a
while when opening applications." ...

 Exactly the same. I too tried downloading the iplayer files, but the
playback was jerky and even managed to unsynch the video and sound.
Streaming is rather better (wireless) though it does have to pause
itself occasionally.  I assumed that the graphics card wasn't up to the
job, but maybe it is a software issue.

I'll be intrigued to know if folk have heard of a solution.

BW

Iain