[Nottingham] Odd thing with DVDs

Simon Sleaford simon.sleaford at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 09:30:02 UTC 2013

I would be inclined to try booting from a live USB distro, that way you
could free up the DVD drive from your underlying OS and see if the problem
lies with your hardware or your installation. WIth it working fine on a
Windows system, we know it isn't the disc itself. If you can test it and
see it working on a different Linux system you can get similar information
from dmesg, it may have been burned with different options that your kernel
doesn't support but could be added to resolve the problem.

Simon