[Nottingham] Linux on HP Pavilion Touchsmart 11 -e102sa

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 17:04:21 UTC 2014

On 21/07/14 17:47, stripes theotoky wrote:
> ello folks,
>
> have been happily using a Sammy N150NPlus with Ubuntu for the past 3
> years but it is getting a bit old and tired.  I like the small size for
> travelling and am not happy with tablets.  Have been looking at the HP
> Pavilion touchsmart 11-e102sa with an AMD A6, 4GB memory and 500GB HDD.
> Has anybody been using this with any distro? Any pros or cons?

One note is:

Screen resolution: 1366x768...

For today's screens, you shouldn't be suffering anything less than HD
"1024p" rather than 768 ("720p-ish") vertical.

Any of these links any good?

http://nottingham.lug.org.uk/links#Linux_Systems_Suppliers

There must be others...?

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg