[Nottingham] Modern day DemoScene...

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri May 30 23:50:16 UTC 2014

On 29/05/14 16:29, Martin wrote:
[---]

> Reminds me of much more creative days where at least you got some
> technology busting DemoScene wizardry to push the technology into
> the fabulous beyond and all on less than 64kBytes!
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demoscene
>

> Who needs 640k?... :-/
>
> And this today is on multi GHz multi core CPU superpower and
> 200Mbit/s internet... Phah!

For a very geekie giggle: A little of the DemoScene today:

Revision 2013 - PC 64K Intro Competition
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYo799o4fiI

Highly impressive for a mere 64kBytes of code and lots of maths.

That all makes a certain bloated proprietary document program dump
format look rather silly!

As for 640k...?

Revision 2013 - PC Demo Competition
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCx-IsmMGYc

;-)

All good fun!

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg