[Nottingham] Warning: non-Linux post

Daryl daryljdudey at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 16:58:47 UTC 2016

The rules have been repeatedly tightened up. The financial and proof of
relationship requirements are very stringent now. The Conservatives are to
blame for a lot of this.

I have to supply 12 months bank statements and payslips. In addition to
many bills, mortgage statement, council tax bill, children's birth
certificates, my divorce papers. In addition a letter from my employer. I
have paid £105 for a housing report despite my owned home being a new 4
build that ONLY I live in full time.

On top of that is flight tickets, a relationship timeline and around 50
photos of us. Oh, and greeting cards, telephone and IM logs. Yes...and
proof of wedding including photos and bills.

A copy of my passport and a couple of things I am sure I have forgotten.

The whole thing is costing me £2500 which lasts 2.5 years and then I need
to pay another £1800 to renew for another 2.5 years until she can apply to
stay permanently.

Who would have thought this was my right as a British citizen?