[Rustington] Recent "Windows Haters" email

Martin Webb vobbelyvebb at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 18:00:44 UTC 2011

Hello everyone

Some of the comments in the group meetings may of been misconstrued, but
wish to state here and now that I personally do not hate Windows, in fact it
was my "bread & butter" living for many years.  I have chosen not to have it
installed on my netbook!

The bottom line is I joined because it is a LUG and not a WUG.

I personally have stated and will state here that all users in the group
should have access to Linux on a machine, Windows as an Operating System
does not have to destroyed, Ubuntu WUBI is safe and secure for Windows
Users.

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/windows-installer

Please do not litter the RLUG website with Windows information, the time and
effort should be spent on encouraging Linux to be used as a Windows
Alternative...

Martin