[Rustington] Meeting on 5th January

frank james frank.james4 at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 3 16:19:58 UTC 2011

I am trying to get accrediited as a U3A group This has many advantages for us. First we have insurance cover, Second the room charge and the wifi charge will be paid on our behalf. We will still have to try to square our costs.
Then I have suggested that we absorb the defunct beginners group as a monthly session, (this is the frequency that they chose), so our mebers could skip that if they wished. We have to provide help, and I hope one or two of us might just do that.
Then all the U3A IT is at the Woodlands Centre and not out in Angmering, with a bonus for bus users.
We need to discuss these things together and come to a decision.
For the linux topics, I have been trying scribus on all platforms. I would like to give a little presentation on this. Others are invited to give talks on anything they lke.
I shall bring a spare hard drive so that if Reg or Tina want to try it in their lap top they can.