[Rustington] Ubuntu File Browser

JACK COGMAN jack.cogman at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 4 15:45:35 UTC 2011

All,
This may be a bit of a 'noddy' question, but the LUG mailbox seemed a sensible place to ask it. I am finding that File Browser on Ubuntu (10.4) does not work in the way I want it to. It is probably because I am expecting it to behave like Windows Explorer which, of course, it isn't.
In particular;1. If I try to move a folder from one branch of the tree to another using click and drag, it does not work - except on very rare occasions.2. Some of the folder icons now include a large tick. What does it mean and how did it get there?
Any answers at the Wednesday meeting will be most welcome
Jack