[Rustington] next meeting 12th Jan.

fhj at eldy.org fhj at eldy.org
Mon Jan 10 10:46:28 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,
We are now an accredited U3A group and there will be an item in the next
U3A bulletin confirming the fact. The U3A will take over paying for the
room and for the mobile wifi. We will also be covered by insurance. These
are great benefits for us.
I have suggested that the first Wednesday of the month we invite the
defunct U3A computer group to this location and that we try to follow the
instruction course that they had at the Angmering Community Centre. This
will be a shift from linux but may fulfill a local need. We shall have to
restrict numbers a bit, so perhaps the lug group could hold back except for
those who would like to help.
We did discuss this nd I felt that there was a concensus of opinion to
proceed. IT is IT and everyone wants it, ubuntu means sharing..so we are
doing the right things..I hope!
I have investigated scribus and will give a presentation. There will also
be a presentation by Derek on tapes and making DVD disks, this seems to be
a popular topic.There will be a question time, and of course if anyone
wants a slot to talk about something, they shall have it.
I am sorry that we had to raise the fee from £1 to £2. Perhaps if numbers
increase we may be able to change it.
Comments and feedback would be welcomed and appreciated....Frank