[Rustington] Be Aware ! - BT Infinity Broadband

Paul Willis phwillis at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 21:21:40 UTC 2012

I have miles of cat5e if you would like to cable it properly. The
normal limit for 10/100 is 300metres. I have never used those wretched
little filters, I have always had the modified faceplate for the
master socket - much neater arrangement. Separating your phone from
the broadband as soon as possible has always given the best result
too. Now they've just decided to insist upon it. In my case, once
split, the bband goes up 1 pair with the phone using another and the
bell line takes half of a third pair leaving 1.5 pairs unused. BT
actually recommend cabling from their router as Gbit which I doubt can
be done over homeplugs - but they're going over the top to try and
avoid problems - your idea should work OK. They are supposed to offer
to move your master socket for you if its too far from where you want
the router.
Paul