[Rustington] Meeting on 12th September

Jack Cogman jack.cogman at btinternet.com
Sat Sep 8 06:31:21 UTC 2012

Frank,

Thanks for the clarification. I see now why you feel strongly that we should stay at the current venue. £22.50 for a 3 session is a reasonable cost and I doubt if we would find anywhere else much cheaper. Also, I had not realised that you had donated the TV screen. You are quite right - we need to keep it.

There have been questions asked about whether we want to be a Microsoft, Linux or Android club. I agree with David Arnstein that we should be first and foremost a Linux club. The only reference to Microsoft would a possible monthly meeting to help people move from Microsoft to Linux.

I am encouraged by the level of discussion there has been already on this topic. Some good ideas have put forward. - It's a pity we did not have this discussion a year ago!

Jack,

Current status is that I am still in hospital and have been typing this 'fairly long' message on an iPhone - what a pain!

Sent from my iPhone