[Rustington] OS Joli and tablets!

frank james fhj1723 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 14:41:28 UTC 2013

Joli was subject to a major revamp recently, which alarmed me considerably.
It is back now in a reduced version and seems to do most of what it did
before. What I objected to was the complete lack of warning.  I still find
it one of the more useful distros of linux.

I find it difficult to follow the development of the tablet. I had to brick
one before I got down to trying to understand it. There are all kinds of
app aids but many of the interesting ones have not yet reached vegabean
which is on 2 of my tablets, so I am hopefully waiting for the development
to catch up. The other strange thing is that apps on one are offered to
your array of tablets. A tablets sitting quietly minding its own business
tends to squeak when a new e-mail floats in....all very weird and ghostlike!
Frank