[Rustington] The wifi or rather the lack of it!

Derek Waite dcwaite at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Jan 24 15:13:28 UTC 2014

Frank, you have absolutely nothing to apologise for - we all know how
unpredictable wifi gadgets can be, and you've persevered more than many
people would have!......maybe the Council's system might improve if Paul
is able to persuade them to have the channels shifted on 2 of their
AP's.....(that WiFi Analyser is a handy little app isn't
it?).........maybe we should let you know that the efforts that you put
into the LUG are very much appreciated!......Regards,........Derek Waite

On 23/01/2014 15:03, frank james wrote:
> We managed for more than 2 years with our original system and then
> like all good things it came to an end. After changing the "dongle" to
> a huawei or something it never worked properly. "Three" fobbed me off
> with excuse after excuse until finally they cancelled the contract.
> Since then I have had no fewer than 3 attempts to use a similar device
> and all have ended in failure. The council wifi is also not working
> very well and I have now told them that if they cannot improve, then
> we shall have to meet elsewhere.
> Caroline who looks after the Woodlands and our welfare is away until
> Monday.
> I will let you know of any developments,meanwhile please accept my
> apologies.
> It may well be that the time has come for me to pass on my cloak to
> another, three score years and ten is enough for most people, four
> score years and ten might be pushing things a bit!
> Frank

---