[Rustington] camera news

frank james fhj1723 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 14:35:41 UTC 2014

Hearing on one of the Today Programs about people having their baby
monitoring web camera pictures posted for the world to look at reminded me
of my exploits a few years ago. I had an ip camera and set it up to look
out of a window and send am e-mail when something disturbed its view. So
now and then I had a photo of a bird appearing on my e-mail address. After
a while I put it aside only to discover later that it would no longer
accept a wireless address. So recently I tried another camera, a Dlink
device which was "supposed" to work with apple and m...! Well first off the
installation progamme couldn't find the camera. It defied doing anything
until I showed it a m... machine. Then it worked as a snapshot device.
However the dlink site would never recognise any password...!
Having dug in my garage I managed to find the installation disk fo my old
ip camera and managed to make it work after a fashion. while tethered to an
ethernet connection. So, work in progress, I may bore you with more at our
next session!
Frank