[Rustington] Future Direction

JACK COGMAN jack.cogman at btinternet.com
Wed May 13 20:34:42 UTC 2015

At today's meeting (13th May) of the Rustington LUG, the main topic for discussion was the message from Frank that he is standing down as group leader. There were six of us present and the decisions we made were;
1. We want the Linux User Group to continue.
2. Paul is willing to be the 'key-holder' to ensure the meeting room is open at the required times. He is also willing to collect subscriptions and pay them into the bank.
3. The task of managing and directing the group, however, needs to be a shared task, as Paul is not willing to take it on alone.
4. In order to determine how this should be done, a further meeting is necessary at which Stuart and David, in particular, should be present.At this meeting, the following issues will need to be resolved;
   - What is the scope of the group? Is it only Linux or does it include Raspberry Pi, Android, in fact anything but Windows? Is it for beginners as well as experienced users?
   - Should we be looking for an alternative venue?
   - What will be the assignment of responsibilities within the group
It is proposed that this discussion occurs at the next Linux group meeting, which is;2.00 pm, Wednesday 27th May at the Woodland Centre.
Hope to see you there,
Jack