[SLUG] Answer to the most important LInux question ever!

Adams, Jamie JAMIE.ADAMS at HOMEGROUP.ORG.UK
Tue Nov 5 09:28:01 GMT 2002

> ----------

I have always said it as Lih-nucks.. though not because this was how I was
told to, its just how I interpreted it. Linus himself said they he did not
really care how people pronounced his name, because people said it in lots
of different ways. I always pronounced his name as L-i-nus, and it looks
like I was wrong all along. Every day is a school day!

> Perhaps easier to grasp: think of the names 'Lynn Nooks' (rhymes with
> 'books') for the pronunciation of 'Linux'; and 'Lee Noose' (rhymes with
> 'moose') as how Linus pronounces his name - with a charming Swedish
> accent,
> of course ;-)
> <snip>
>
> Toodle pip,
>
> Al

> http://www.star.net.uk

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("Intended Recipient") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information, which is privileged and confidential. Accordingly any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message or any of its content by any person other than the Intended Recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If you are not the Intended Recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible.

http://www.star.net.uk