[SLUG] IRC Meetings

Jamie Adams jamie at scarborough.lug.org.uk
Mon Oct 14 01:21:01 BST 2002

Hello Everyone,

I recently had an email from someone who was not able to come to the
last meeting. They suggested that we might have some IRC style meetings
to compliment the monthly ones.

The idea of an IRC channel has been put forward before. Unfortunately
there simply is not enough people contributing to ensure that there is
someone in the channel all the time. So it spent most, if not all of the
time empty.

Im suggesting that perhaps we could have one night a week (or fortnight)
that we can get together and have a chat. This would be a brilliant
oportunity for the people who are unable to get to meetings, with the
added benefit that it might tempt more people through the doors at the
pub meet. It would also give us a chance to sort out the specifics of
meeting details, such as the up and coming network games demo.

What do you all think? Obviously people have lots of other commitments,
but if we know that the channel is there, for open discussion on a
regular basis, it has to be worth a whirl?

Lots of comments please?

Regards,